Sometimes popcorn needs a different flavor. Try this Buttered Curry Popcorn for a pop of flavor with every piece. One of our favorite ways to enjoy popcorn!
We love popcorn at our house. We want a recipe with flavor and pizzazz. This Curry Buttered Popcorn hits the spot each and every time we whip up a batch.
Why Make This Recipe
There are lots of reasons to love this Buttered Curry Popcorn, but you really need to make it yourself to see why it’s so special.
- This popcorn recipe is super easy and inexpensive to make!
- Only requires four easy ingredients to pull together.
- Loads of flavor in absolutely every single bite!
What do I need for Curry Popcorn
The best part of this particular popcorn recipe is that it requires only four ingredients.
- coconut oil
- curry powder
- popping corn
Recipe Note: If you don’t have coconut oil, substituting another oil or MORE butter is the best answer! We have run out a couple of times and we usually just use more butter and it’s fantastic. We do equal amounts of butter to coconut oil. But if you would rather use an oil, any recommended popcorn oil will work just fine.
How do I make Curry Buttered Popcorn
The method for making this curry popcorn is going to depend entirely on whether you use our method listed in our recipe card below (stovetop) or you use a different method.
If you have an air popper, you can use that by following the directions listed on the instruction sheet. In fact, if you purchase a bag of plain already popped popcorn, you can still make this recipe by skipping the popcorn preparation step. Easy peasy!
Looking for more popcorn recipes?
If you’re on the hunt for even more fun popcorn recipes, we have a few more for you to try:
Buttered Curry Popcorn Recipe
Buttered Curry Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- Pop your popcorn by whatever method you desire. We popped ours on the stove top, while others enjoy air popped popcorn.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and coconut oil over low heat.
- Add the curry powder, and stir well until smooth.
- Drizzle the curry-flavored oil while tossing the popcorn to evenly distribute the curry flavored butter. If using a pot on the stove, add a lid and shake to distribute.
- If desired, sprinkle some salt, and toss the popcorn again. Serve immediately.