This three ingredient super easy crockpot bbq sliders recipe starts with just those three ingredients but is an amazing jumping off point to make the best bbq sliders you can imagine!
On busy weeknights, we tend to gravitate towards easy recipes that kind of embody the dump and go theory. This is definitely one of those recipes. But don’t let the ease or basic ingredients fool you, this recipe can be changed up quite a bit and made exactly the way your family loves. Keep reading to find out more!
Why you’ll love these easy crockpot BBQ sliders
- First, this recipe is so super easy. It makes a great dump and go recipe and it’s almost ready when you are ready to eat your dinner.
- Second, with only three main ingredients, you’re looking at something that can be prepared quickly and tastes good just as is.
- Third, this recipe can be changed up and added to to truly make the best bbq sliders you can imagine. And it will all be about your own taste!
Let’s first talk about the simple ingredients.
What you need:
- slider buns
- chicken breasts
- your absolute favorite BBQ sauce (for us this is Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce!)
Now let’s talk about making these delicious sliders your own!
What to add to BBQ Sliders
While we enjoy these BBQ sliders all by themselves, we definitely like making additions to them as well, so let’s talk about that.
- Pile pickles on before serving
- Spread mayo on the buns and grill them on the stove (or your BBQ pit if you want)
- Melt any type of cheese over the top
- Top your sliders with an easy homemade cole slaw .
- Our newest find: Grill both sides of your slider buns with butter and garlic powder (almost like a faux garlic bread). This was AMAZING! Definitely how we will be making them from now on.
What to Serve with BBQ Sliders
An incredibly cool and refreshing creamy cucumber salad goes great with these BBQ sliders and this easy recipe has three different ways it can be made!
Fresh ears of corn, tossed on the grill and slathered in a garlic herb butter that is absolutely incredible and the perfect accompaniment to any BBQ or picnic you’re hosting. Make this easy Grilled Corn with Garlic Herb Butter today!
Easy Crockpot BBQ Sliders
- 6 slider buns
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce use your favorite one and add more as desired
- In a crockpot place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Pour the BBQ sauce over the top and turn the crockpot on for 4-6 hours. About a half hour to an hour before serving, shred chicken with a fork or with a meat shredder and continue cooking until ready to serve.
- Pile chicken on slider buns, top with any extra toppings you want (as suggested above) and more BBQ sauce and serve!