Rich, and incredibly decadent, deeply chocolate with a hint of nutty flavor, this two ingredient flourless Nutella cake is perfect for any occasion.
Looking for a fun dessert to serve after dinner tonight?
It’s not too late to make this Two Ingredient Flourless Nutella Cake, and you won’t believe how quick it is.
Plus, it’s only TWO ingredients.
Did I mention that? Yep, that’s right! 2 Ingredients!
Can I substitute (insert ingredient name)…
The answer to any substitutions for the only two ingredients in this recipe, is no. It won’t work.
It won’t set up, it won’t taste the same. Just stick the two simple ingredients, follow the directions and you will have an elegant, delicious cake you will go to over and over.
Make Ahead, Storage & Freezing
This flourless Nutella cake can be made up ahead of time, but for best results, we recommend only making it up to 24 hours before serving.
The cake stores well in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
If you want to freeze the cake, we find it loses some moisture in the freezing process. However it still tastes great. Cut the cake into individual slices and wrap tightly or place in a freezer safe zip top bag. Freeze for up to 6 months.
To thaw, simply allow to thaw in a cool, dry place. Can be reheated in the microwave after thawing for approximately 15-25 seconds, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
What does a flourless cake taste like?
A flourless cake tastes like any floured cake, except richer. It’s more about the texture change with a flourless cake. It sets up differently, sort of like a super moist, cake like brownie. Either way, it’s so freaking good!
Crispy edges with a soft, moist inside.
Chocolaty Hazelnut goodness in each slice. Powdered Sugar optional.
What You Need for Flourless Nutella Cake?
It is so simple… all you need is 8.5 ounces of Nutella and 4 eggs. Yes you read that right. Let’s go!
How Can I serve this Flourless Nutella Cake?
- Cut the cake into slices. Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries or blueberries.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar, chocolate shavings or whipped cream.
- Decorate with frosting or icing.
- Drizzle each slice with chocolate ganache.
Loving Cake Recipes? Try these:
Recipe for Two Ingredient Flourless Nutella Cake
Two Ingredient Flourless Nutella Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 8.5 ounces Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a springform pan. Don't be shy with the shortening or whatever you use, because this cake WILL stick if you're not careful.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they are triple in volume. Use the highest speed and plan on mixing at least 8-10 minutes. (If you don't get the consistency and volume right, you're going to have some issues so it's important to follow this and not try to shorten the time. This is truly the step that will make the cake, so skipping it = disaster! )
- Weigh the Nutella on a digital kitchen scale. Microwave the Nutella about 20 seconds or so to soften the Nutella a bit.
- Gently mix together the Nutella and 1/3 of the egg mixture with a spatula until egg is well combined and there are no streaks.
- Add in another 1/3 of the egg mixture and repeat; folding again until there are no egg streaks.
- Repeat one last time with the last of the egg mixture using the spatula to scrape the foam that is still in the bowl into the batter. Stir again until no streaks remain. (The gentle and slow combining of the ingredients are how this cake bakes up fluffy, so don't try to skip any of these steps or do them differently.
- Pour your batter into your prepared springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely to room temperature before you remove it from the springform pan. This cake should not be served hot, it needs to cool completely before cutting and serving.