Gooey, hot, homemade Mozzarella sticks definitely have that cheesy pull and are made with only three ingredients!
Homemade Mozzarella sticks have only three ingredients and are super easy to make!
These are a really fun after school or work snack, and pair beautifully with our Three Ingredient Jalapeno Poppers! Also, if you love the ease of a three ingredient recipe, our Cookies and Cream Kiss Dip is also a fun after school or work snack!
- string cheese, plain or a flavor
- bread crumbs, plain or flavored
See recipe card for quantities.
Here is a quick photographic step by step on how to make this recipe. If you don’t want to oven bake them, we have had success using our Air Fryer to cook them. Instructions for that are below.
We chose to slice our cheese sticks in half to get as many out of them as we could, but if you want to keep them whole – go right ahead.
Lay them out on parchment paper on a tray and pop in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until they are hard to the touch.
Remove from freezer and immediately dip into egg mixture.
Next, dip into the breadcrumbs.
We usually re-dip, but this step isn’t necessary.
Pop them into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes or so before putting them in the oven or air fryer.
We found some fun flavors of string cheese while making this recipe for the site, but regular plain string cheese works beautifully as well.
Depending on the bread crumbs you used, you can potentially add flavor to them any way you’d like and still only use three ingredients!
Hot, gooey, melted cheese and full flavors combine to make these fun cheese sticks.
Dip them in Marinara Sauce, Ranch Dressing even Honey Mustard.
For this recipe, I used Garlic and Herb bread crumbs, but you could use any flavor or even use plain and add your own herbs and spices to make them completely your own flavor.
I am thinking the possibilities are limited to only what you can find at the store, which might be even more than I could find.
So have some fun and make these THREE ingredient Mozzarella Sticks tonight!
More Recipes with Just a Few Ingredients
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse (two ingredients)
- Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (two ingredients)
- Italian Crockpot Chicken (two ingredients)
- DIY Dog Treats (two ingredients)
- Easy Strawberry Fudge (two ingredients)
- Ghirardelli Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake (three ingredients)
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Bread (two ingredients)
- Jalapeno Poppers (three ingredients)
- Cookies and Cream Kiss Dip (three ingredients)
- Lemon Bars (two Ingredients)
Recipe for Three Ingredient Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
Three Ingredient Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs plain or flavored
- Remove the mozzarella string cheese from the wrappers and lay them on a baking pan.
- Freeze the cheese sticks for about 30 minutes or so, until hard (keeps them from blowing up in the oven)
- In one bowl, crack the egg and whisk. In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or double up and cover your baking sheet with foil and then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip your frozen cheese sticks first in the egg, then roll to coat with the breadcrumbs. I actually re-dip mine so I can make sure they are covered in enough breadcrumbs. If you decide to do this, just re-dip in the egg and then re-roll in the breadcrumbs a second time. Repeat the process for each remaining cheese stick, placing them on the baking sheet.
- Send the sticks back to the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pop pan in oven. Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes, flip the cheese sticks over and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes. Don't walk away at this point. Watch them. Remove when you see cheese bubbling. Serve immediately and Enjoy!