This incredibly delicious, tart & sweet whipped cranberry butter is so easy and so perfect for any Fall or Winter meal. Serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas with rolls, turkey and more!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Cranberry Butter is actually super easy to make!
- This Cranberry Butter recipe only calls for THREE ingredients and water!
- While we strongly recommend using fresh cranberries, you can use frozen cranberries.
If you are looking for more great cranberry recipes, try this cranberry ambrosia salad or this cranberry syrup recipe.
This Cranberry Butter is part of a week long cranberry event. See below for more cranberry recipes ideas!
What can I use Cranberry Butter For?
This butter goes so well with so many things. It can be added in recipes, or added when butter is called for in a recipe to create a totally unique flavor. The following items are different ways that we have used this butter.
- Turkey at Thanksgiving (spread a little over the top of a slice!)
- Seafood (used it with shrimp for a sweet and savory meal – delish!)
- So much more!
Tips & Tricks for Making Cranberry Butter
This recipe is so stinkin’ simple. Three ingredients + water. Five minutes. You’re ready to go. But here are a few tips and tricks to help out.
- Make sure your sticks of butter are at room temperature. Allow at least 30 minutes for them to reach a soft stage.
- I have not made this recipe with frozen cranberries. Can it be done? Probably. I’d only worry about added moisture. I use fresh.
- The amount of sugar that the recipe calls for can vary really more on taste. My cranberries were tart, but they were also pretty sweet so I didn’t use much sugar at all. You can adjust. Start low and add as you go.
- I like to refrigerate my cranberry butter for about a half hour before using it the first time. After it is chilled, for future uses, I remove it about 20 minutes before ready to serve. This just allows it time to soften a little more.
More fantastic Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry Prosecco Punch
- Cranberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes
- Cranberry Walnut Bread
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Liqueur
- Polar Espresso Cookies
Also, if you need a few more cranberry recipes:
- Real Cranberry Gummy Bears
- Cranberry Vanilla Rum Smoothie
- Vanilla Rum Sugared Cranberries
- Baked Cranberry Donuts
- Autumn Cranberry Chia Smoothie
- Cranberry Orange Mini Loaves
- Cranberry Vanilla Rum Punch
Add this delicious Cranberry Butter to your holiday table!
It is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu!
Cranberry Butter Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cranberries room temperature
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar adjust to desired sweetness
- In a blender, puree the cranberries and water for about 2 minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides if needed. If you need to add a little more water to really get a good puree, add a tablespoon at a time.
- Add the sugar and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Add the room temperature butter and blend for 1-2 minutes or until everything is well combined and the butter is a more "whipped texture".
- You can serve immediately, but I like to refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Keeps for up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.