This four ingredient recipe will quickly become a go to favorite anytime you need an easy side dish. Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes are an easy and delicious addition to any meal!
Crispy on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside. Perfect by themselves or serve them with a dip.
Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes are only 4 ingredients, crispy & flavorful on the outside, buttery soft & tender on the inside. An easy side dish!
If you want to make these smashed potatoes with parmesan, simply consider this a 5 ingredient recipe and go ahead and add about 1/4 cup.
I like to add mine with only about 1 minute left in the air fryer so it doesn’t over cook.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
What do Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes go with?
Essentially they go with everything, but if you’d like a full meal plan, here is an idea.
Meal Plan Idea
If you make our recipe, please let us know! Tell us in the comments or you can take a photo and share it, tagging us on, or with #justafewingredients. We love seeing your creations!
Recommended Air Fryers
These are the air fryers we recommend. We will not recommend an appliance that we don’t own and these are almost always the different appliances we test all of our recipes on.
Your air fryer will be a personal choice, but if you decide to purchase one through one of our links, we may earn a small commission.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember when starting that all air fryers are different and will result the possibility that your potatoes will need to cook more or less time.
- If you want to add parmesan cheese to these, add it in the last 3-4 minutes of the air fryer cycle.
- If your air fryer has a preheat option, do not put the potatoes in before it has finished preheating. This could result in burnt or over cooked potatoes.
- Don’t forget to get creative with these. Add spicy seasoning or another herb or spice to make these your own.
Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the baby potatoes into a microwave safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until fork tender.
- Once the potatoes have slightly cooled, lay them out on a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper. Using a fork, gently smash the potatoes down.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and then top with salt, pepper garlic powder and herbs to taste.
- Place them in your air fryer in a single layer, at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Check them at about the 6-7 minute mark and shake the basket a little to toss them around.
- Finish cooking – total time about 10 minutes or so (all air fryers vary!). Remove from air fryer when finished, toss in more butter and herbs if desired. Serve immediately.